Systems Engineer – We’re changing the game! at Football Radar
We’re looking for an experienced Systems Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer to help us deliver high quality software and shape our technical roadmap over the coming years.
The Development department consists of 20 developers across 4 sub-teams: Analysis, Modelling, Systems and Trading. As part of the Systems team, you’ll get the opportunity to enhance our DevOps culture, taking our collaboration and automation to the next level. We’re on a mission to improve stability and standardisation, and shorten feedback loops in order to make our department more efficient in delivering business value. We’re also looking for someone to help us incorporate security considerations into our development process.
Our production systems are deployed to cloud based infrastructure in AWS using Docker, Marathon and Mesos. Our backend systems are predominantly written in Scala and PHP, connecting to MariaDB, Postgres and Redis databases. We use Jenkins for continuous integration and Ansible for configuration management.
- Establishing best practices for automation, monitoring, logging and deployment
- Support and monitor our production systems to achieve our uptime and reliability goals
- Running knowledge sharing sessions to upskill the team
- Enabling the Engineering team to deliver high quality software
- Willingness to learn Windows and Network administration
- At least 5 years experience as a Software Engineer, Systems Engineer or Systems Administrator
- Background in Linux/Unix administration
- Software container knowledge, ideally Docker
- Experience working with Cloud, ideally AWS, and dedicated server environments
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Container orchestration platform experience, eg. Marathon, Mesos, DC/OS
- History of integrating security into development cycle
What you’ll get from us
Continual knowledge-sharing, learning and support within teams is critical to how we work. We expect our Engineers to push themselves to upskill, and Football Radar supports this enthusiastically. We do not have an environment where your tools and processes are dictated, but the business of course does drive requirements. Exactly how this functionality is delivered is the responsibility of the Engineering team.
We have a flat organisational structure to give our teams’ exposure to all stakeholders within the business and we always aim to keep employees knowledgeable about our aims and future direction.
Whilst we never specifically ask for an interest in football, if the game is a large part of your life, Football Radar can be an extra special place to work. If working with the world’s leading experts appeals to you, it’s likely you’ll find what you’re looking for with us.
We are committed to looking after our employees. Our two full-time chefs, team social events, and health and wellbeing initiatives shows our promise to encourage a social environment that’s for everyone.
Author: Football Radar