Systems Integration & Data Analyst at Amadeus North America, Inc.
I. Summary of the role
Amadeus Hotel Platform provides real-time shopping/booking services for 750,000+ hotels (over 290 hotel chains and aggregators) for Amadeus travel agencies and corporate bookers located in 90,000+ points of sale around the world.
Besides this distribution activity, our Hotel division is also providing a complete portfolio of IT solutions for hotel chains, enabling centralized hotel management services to the hoteliers.
It includes a Central Reservation System, a Property Management System, a Call Center application, an Internet Booking Engine, a Business Intelligence module and a Revenue Management System.
Core component of Amadeus Hotel Platform, the Central Reservation System is the central point for distribution of hotel descriptive content, rooms and services to all desired channels (e.g. Amadeus GDS, Booking.com, Sabre, Travelport, Google, Expedia ).
2016/2017 will be decisive years for Hotel IT. Amadeus has just signed a deal with Intercontinental, the biggest hotel chain in the world, for a migration towards Amadeus Hotel Platform. This project is the trigger for some important product evolution on Hotel side and the months/years to come are likely to be very exciting!
In the scope of that Migration project, The System Integration & Migration team is in charge of a very challenging implementation stream.
Discovery of Customer ecosystem. Analysis of migration scope. Management of all integration flows. Documentation and Service delivery management. Support of Customer systems integration to Amadeus Hotel Platform using Amadeus Web-Services standards. Customer facing in order to better discover/analyze/support needs toward optimum solutions.
II. Main Responsibilities
- Build and maintain end to end knowledge of our products and their usage.
- Build and maintain industry knowledge.
- Analyse business and Technical requirements submitted by Customers
- Manage project in total autonomy including Reporting, Risk management and delivery
- Carry out functional design and present functional walk-throughs to all concerned stakeholders.
- Interface with relevant divisions and departments to identify interaction with other Amadeus applications and ensure functional compatibility.
- Interface and communicate with Business analyst and Development R&D teams
- Interface with customer during functional definition, testing and implementation phases
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- English fluent
- Object Oriented design
- Soap-XML / REST-json
- SOAP UI
- Microsoft Project
- Notions of Java, Python, SQL would be a plus
- Taste for challenges
- Technical Curious
- Multicultural approach
- Accountability and proactivity
- Change management and flexibility
- Customer focus
- Analytical and conceptual thinking
- Adaptability to fast changing business and technical environment
- Personal motivation
- Information gathering
- Innovation, industry and business expertise
- Strong Project management skills
6 years’ experience. Ideally:
- 2 years development
- 2 year in Business analysis
- 2 years in Project management
Author: Amadeus North America, Inc.