The world of front-end is exciting and full of new things, but our success is built upon proven, robust web pages filled with beautiful and constantly changing contents, built and deployed in an efficient factory and running without a hitch on all devices out there.
We are evolving and improving our products every day, we test new product ideas and new front-end technologies on a continuous basis.
Are you able to look behind all front-end hypes and judge new technologies and frameworks? Can you write robust, test-covered, maintainable code? Do you know what it takes to respect deadlines and to operate in a constructive way inside a strongly tied group of clever individuals?
Major government organization has a 3 – 6 Month+ contract position open for a WordPress / .NET Developer.
There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We’re just as social as our product and don’t hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 360 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared. Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform. Users spend an average of 1.8 hours daily on the Badoo experience, for a total of over 12 billion swipes per day.
Badoo also operates a number of white label licences for various international brands. For more information, please visit badoo.com.
Software developer at Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ)
Curiously following the latest developments in IT and eager to implement them when appropriate? Capable of staying focused in a dynamic environment, and to act swiftly whenever required?
Royal NIOZ is looking for an all-round software developer to strengthen the IT team. As a software developer you will collaborate with the team in creating applications for managing and archiving research data, and to enable the sharing of these data with external parties. In addition, you will be involved in keeping the IT infrastructure of the institute up to date. This is where you can put your curiosity for new IT developments to good use!
The institute is located at the island of Texel.
Collaborating within the IT team and providing services to other employees within our institute, requires good communication skills. Because the institute is an international hot-spot for marine scientists, a satisfactory command of English is required.
We offer a position for 2 years for 40 hours per week. At the end of 2 successful years a permanent position will be offered. You salary depends on your education and working experience, according to our labour agreement (CAO-OI), with a maximum of € 4.154,- gross per month (scale 10).
We offer a pension scheme, a health insurance allowance, a yearly 8% vacation allowance, year-end bonus, flexible employment conditions and 42 days of annual leave. Our labour policies are based on the Collective Labour Agreement of Research Centers (WVOI). The Royal NIOZ will provide cost of relocation and help with housing.
Additional information on job details: Wim Pool (Head ICT). For additional information about the procedure, please contact Sigrid Moerbeek (senior HR advisor) or Willeke Nederlof (Head HRM)
If you are interested in this position please visit our website www.workingatnioz.com and apply for this job. You will also find more information about NIOZ.
Interviews will take place on December 20th , 2017 on Texel (Note: selection starts immediately)
Software Developer (m/f) for IP and Application Tests at Rohde & Schwarz
Rohde & Schwarz is home to in-depth engineering know-how and highly innovative and committed employees. We’re recognized as a world market leader in wireless communications. Plus, we develop future-oriented products for many growth markets such as mobile phone technology, radiocommunications and digital television. We do business in more than 70 countries worldwide, and we value individuals who share our main objective: To be the best!
Rohde & Schwarz delivers more than state-of-the-art products – we also provide state-of-the-art employee benefits. In addition to industry-standard benefits, we offer extras such as an excellent company pension plan, flexible working hours and a wide range of cultural, sport and recreational activities. Our comprehensive, standard-setting training program is individualized and tailored to current needs. In short – we offer ideal starting conditions.
If you’re reading this job description, you’re probably someone that spends a lot of time on the computer and the internet. Although we leverage these tools like any other business does, our product seeks to physically take our customers away from these things in an effort to find the magic and relaxation they’ve so desperately been seeking. We’re putting tiny houses on camp sites in remote locations so our “users” can get away and set up a high-speed interface with their humanity. We create and maintain technology that, in some cases invisibly, enables a magical experience for our guests and removes stress from their lives.
We are a rapidly growing team that raised a $15M Series A financing round earlier this year and opened our third location near Washington, D.C. this October. Our main offices our located in Downtown Brooklyn, and our dev team currently consists of a VP of Technology and another Software Developer. We’re looking to round out our team with some great Front End talent that’s capable of shaping the future direction of our Front End infrastructure.
The Front End Developer will focus on the following areas:
Building new features for and maintaining the current functionality of our website, https://getaway.house, written with a React/SASS/Webpack front end and Ruby on Rails back end, in an Agile working environment
Architecting the front-end of our new website, to be released in early 2018!
Writing internal tools to support our Guest Experience team and make it extremely easy for guests to get the things they need to have a wonderful time on their Getaways
Implementing existing coding standards and improving them later on
Leading the Front End team, mentoring our future, more junior Front End developers
Occasionally writing code in front of a fire, if you so desire (for real)
We’re looking for someone with at least 2.5-3 years of on the job experience but don’t want anyone to shy away from applying if they don’t meet our exact qualifications. The ideal candidate should be comfortable building projects from the ground up, making library, stack, and coding standard decisions, and leading a small team (sometime in the next few quarters, not immediately). Design background and a “good eye” are a huge plus.
This role is a contract-to-hire role. We’d like you to come on as a freelancer to see how our relationship develops, then hire you full-time if it’s the right fit. Candidates must be able to be in Brooklyn at least 3 days a week if hired full time.
X-Team is an international company founded in Melbourne, Australia that helps companies scale their development teams by providing them with extraordinary developers from around the world.
We are 100% remote and believe in building a world where developers can have access to an environment of growth and incredible opportunities regardless of where they live. Our culture is based around the proactive, selfless values that make up every X-Teamer.
We are a community of people dedicated to unleashing our potential every day. Learn more about how we can help you learn and grow at https://x-team.com/unleash/
The right individual will be self-driven. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes and how to enable innovation through fostering a growing culture of Open Source. You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices.
– Professional experience with PHP 5, MySQL and WordPress
– MVC frameworks like Laravel or Symfony
– Ability to build and consume RESTful web services.
– Competent with revision control systems (Git)
– Code optimization and performance improvements
– Knowledge common Design Patterns (SOLID).
– Passionate about writing beautiful and clean code
Nice to have:
– Experience with working remotely
– Familiar/involved with open source projects
– Independent, self-motivated
– Fluent in English, written and spoken
– Proven track record of always learning and growing.
– Proactive attitude
– Possess a spirit of generosity
– Get the chance to work with big brands like Riot Games, Fox Broadcasting, Kaplan Inc., etc.
– Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
– Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
– Join our vibrant community, filled with opportunities to join engaging engineering roundtable discussions, AMAs, gaming clubs, LAN parties, charitable fundraisers, fitness programs (+gym membership), etc. This is the community to be in if you’re a remote developer.
– We’ll provide up to $2,500 in funding for your learning and growth through our Unleash program, which provides opportunities to unleash your potential through initiatives that help you grow as a developer and explore your passions more each day. (http://x-team.com/unleash)
Who is X-Team meant for?
– Any freelance developers with experience working on high-scale, remote teams and projects with a motivated, proactive attitude and compassionate, team-player heart. If you’ve worked with freelancing platforms before, that’s not what we are. X-Team is a community of all likeminded people, carefully chosen to ensure we are able to create an environment of the most motivated people in the world who come together to unleash their potential. What we’ve created is truly special and not a faceless platform. X-Team is where developers go to feel truly at home together, while becoming more motivated than they’ve ever been.
What are you hiring for right now?
– We are hiring for PHP developers to fill some exciting new opportunities we have. We’re also hiring for a variety of other skills, such as React, React Native, Cryptocurrency/blockchain, Node.js, Salesforce, DevOps, and Golang.
Will I get a job immediately after applying?
– If your skills, experience and values align with a current opening we have, your chances of getting hired immediately are high. If we discover you’re qualified but all opportunities have been taken, we’ll continue to work with you to help you get a role in X-Team. The key is having the most relevant, in-demand skills when you apply.
What kind of opportunities do you provide?
– We provide full-time opportunities that last, on average, for 10 months. After your role ends (and so long as you’ve performed well), we continue to give you work internally with us until we find you a new opportunity. This ensures that X-Team can be a stable work option for you as a freelancer.