Digital Transformation – JAVA Software Engineer (Senior role) at Philip Morris International
Are you open-minded? Do you thrive in transformation projects where you can challenge the status-quo and drive change despite head-winds? Together we will have a unique opportunity to create a start-up like organization from scratch, but with the resources of a large multi-national corporation. Starting first with a baseline assessment, we will plot a course into the future where micro-services enable rapid pace delivery. Join us in our Digital Transformation.
Apart from the excitement of architecting the future, as a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a Product Team with technical knowledge, guidance and deliverables that relates to designing, delivering and supporting bleeding edge applications, its components and interfacing them with an external world.
·Addressing complex business challenges with bleeding edge software and platform designs.
·Deliver high-quality code (contributing to solution efficiency and reliability) and be a role model for others to follow.
·Lead other developers working in the Team to maintain consistent quality and delivery pace.
·Include DevOps elements into Team operation and Product Backlog if required.
·Collaborate with Product Owners and the Team to ensure user stories are specific, clear and well estimated.
·Support Customer Experience Strategists, Content Designers and Interaction Designers by providing proof of concept for proposed designs as well as implementing them.
·Document working software in a pre-agreed form while keeping a required level of comments in the code (as per Definition of Done).
·Troubleshoot issues and provide fixes that address the root cause of specific problems.
- Experience with commercial (B2B, B2C) systems and with Internet facing and cloud based applications (back-end) is a must.
- Working knowledge of distributes technologies.
- Proven working experience with PaaS/IaaS services (Amazon Web Services).
- Expert in development patterns and principles and in CI/CD methodology as well as having strong automation experience.
- Experienced with TDD and DevOps.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
- Extensive experience in software development.
- Experience in working within SCRUM Teams.
- Proficiency in JAVA, NoSQL and WebServices (SOAP, REST, XML-RPC).
- Excellent understanding of enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, (virtual environments, source control, build and test automation).
- Fluent English.
- Readiness to re-locate.
Author: Philip Morris International