The Job – Based in Bangkok
You’ll be responsible for the complete scope, design, build and testing of products and features for one of Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce websites. As a part of the Agoda .net Engineering team, you will be exposed to numerous innovative technologies in the fields of data-processing, big data, efficient data storage structures, recommender systems / machine learning, natural language processing, and many more. Whichever technology we work with, it must operate at the performance needs of a hyper-scale infrastructure operating at thousands of requests per second.
If you have an Architect-level appreciation of system design and love to code come join us!
You’ll be involved in the technical stuff, coding, hands-on but also working with design patterns, complex solutions design, implementation, devops, deployment, testing and much more. We’re highly scalable and performance driven in our approach and our website is a best in class ecommerce solution that is highly user-centric and customer driven.
This covers search, SEO, orders, payment, check out, basket, booking form as you create readable, repeatable code and manage your codebase with pride to develop our .net ecommerce platform and ecommerce offering to build something amazing! What’s more our cloud-based data centre experience is awesome, including any distributed systems, data structures, restful services, nosql and more.
We’re looking for Engineers not just programmers. This means you’re not tied down to a specific programming language, so you adapt as the solution demands and can pick up new tech in no time.
You may well have worked on a raft of different projects before but you’ll have the same enquiring mind and hunger for knowledge and to make things better for the end user.
- Strong commercial experience with design principles and design patterns
- Your technical expertise covers one of the following:
- master in Java, C#, Scala, F# with some front-end coding expertise OR
- you’re a wizard on the MEAN stack OR
- You’ve got amazing expertise on front end technologies like React.js and other modern frameworks, with strong OOP skills in PHP etc and willing to pick up the Microsoft stack
- You have a deep level of Engineering experience through the stack and have touched on many elements that translate well to full e-commerce software architecture
- You take full ownership of whatever you’re building, and see it through to completion
- You’re confident in your ability…
- And passionate about your work (but not afraid to let others in to help too)
- Your expertise spans the full SDLC thru’ concept, design, build, test (automation if poss) and deployment
- Your natural Engineering-mindset considers problem, solution and alternative in equal measure
- The end user is at the heart of what you do, as is the commercial value to Agoda
- You have a progressive outlook – TDD, BDD, Agile are second nature to you
- You love working in a Change environment with fewer formal processes
- Able and willing to test your own work and create automated tests along the way
What about Bangkok?
A big question, one we’ve answered many times before. Truly ‘International’ is one word to describe our Engineering Team here in Bangkok.
‘Interesting’, ‘fun’, ‘friendly’ and ‘supportive’ are among the other comments we’ve heard. And with ‘all the latest toys’ (tech) at your fingertips, Agoda’s a great platform to push your career to the next level! Plus with a great salary package, the biggest decision you’ll have to make is whether to have a Suburban Pad or City Condo…
We spare no expense when it comes to the best technologies, nor do we pull any punches in relation to your work space and office perks. Our offices are based in Central World – Thailand’s ultra-modern business & leisure complex; right in the heart of the buzzing Bangkok metropolis.
With relocation support and visa sponsorship available we’ve got you covered, leaving you free to look forward to an amazing new experience!
Get in touch and apply now!
Doubtless you’ll have many unanswered questions; we’d expect nothing less… after all an enquiring mind is what we’re looking for. But fear not there’s plenty of chance to discuss when we talk.
Relocation support and visa sponsorship available for international candidates.