Storyboard / Animatic work – Freelance Storyboarding Job
Anyone doing video work – I have a few questions in regards to contracts?
Hi all – started my own video agency and trying to create a contract that will satisfy both our clients and my company. Do you give full rights to your clients (providing source files) or is it something that you keep the rights for? And what happens if they want to create campaigns in other mediums that are consistent?
Description: In this video I describe my area of expertise and visaul sample of my work.
Keywords: freelance work
Doing freelance web design work for boss
So I’m a web developer for a small business, and my boss has asked me to build a website for his son. This project would be separate from my job, and they would pay me directly.
I’m happy to do this for them, but I’m a bit wary of the power dynamic here and whether he expects me to charge him less because he’s my boss.
I need help getting work..
I am able to do things in adobe after effects and photoshop. I am also Microsoft Certified in Word, PowerPoint, & Excel. I love creating after effects videos and Logos and flyers in photoshop. I have tried upwork and fivverr but have not gotten any work. I need advice.
Description: A presentation from June 2014. No matter your specialty, as a freelancer looking to get work, you need to be able to manage your business, deliver for your customers,and find satisfaction in your chosen line of work so you can keep it up in the long-term.
The presentation will guide you through understanding your motivation for being a freelancer, how to use that to build a client roster that you love to work with, and tools to more effectively manage your time,projects, and your business.
You’ll learn about:
– The “story test” (hint: you may not be telling the story you want to)
– The “structured work day” hack for health and profit
– The “real cost of value” (or how to get paid like a champ)
– The key to project portfolios (or staying busy with a project load you love)
Ben is a freelance consultant with expertise in web design and development. He has been building Websites since 1994 and the days of GeoCities, and has worked on small teams and large. Most recently he is focusing on front-end development and believes that it is our responsibility as builders of the web to develop for device independence and work on hard problems that help humanity. If he’s not at his desk, he’s out in nature or playing with his kids.
Please help us build our YouTube audience! Like and share these meetup videos to your friends, and don’t forget to subscribe for more of these talks!
Find out more about WIMP at http://beawimp.org
You can join the conversation on Facebook as well! https://www.facebook.com/groups/northbaywebpros/
From Uber to the presidential debates, the gig economy has been dominating the headlines…and for good reason. Today, more than a third of Americans are working in the gig economy–mixing together short-term jobs, contract work, and freelance assignments. For those who’ve figured out the formula, life has never been better!
The Gig Economy is your guide to this uncertain but ultimately rewarding world. Succeeding in it starts with shifting gears to recognize that only you control your future. Next is leveraging your skills, knowledge, and network to create your own career trajectory–one immune to the whims of an employer.
Packed with research, exercises, and anecdotes, this eye-opening book supplies strategies–ranging from the professional to the personal–to help you:
Construct a life based on your priorities and vision of success – Cultivate connections without networking – Create your own security – Take more time off – Build flexibility into your financial life – Face your fears by reducing risk – Prepare for the future – And much more
Layoffs… recessions…Corporate jobs are not only unstable– they’re increasingly scarce. It’s time to take charge of your own career and lead the life you actually want.
The Gig Economy The Complete Guide to Getting Better Work Taking More Time Off and Financing the Life You Want
Gone are the days when college graduates sought lifetime careers with blue chip
corporations. By 2020, almost half of the American workforce will be doing some
type of freelance work. Technology has overhauled the job market into a self-serve
entity, and in doing so, has given birth to the Freelance Nation.
Its members – independent contractors, small business owners, entrepreneurs,
and contingent workers – build businesses, communicate with customers and sell
goods. They do so from home, shared workspaces, or even the beach.
This book is for you if:
• You’ve always wanted to escape the corporate life but don’t know how.
• You’re already a freelancer, but want to take your business to the next level.
Having been a solo freelancer and also a manager of over 400 freelancers,
J. Melissa Cooper opens up her world to share with you the secrets of working
Description: все о заработке bitcoin и других криптовалют
Keywords: freelance work
“Engaging, readable, realistic, detailed, practical, and comprehensive roadmap.”
—Peter Bowerman, Author, The Well-Fed Writer
“Will help you land business quickly and confidently.”
—C.J. Hayden, Author, Get Clients Now!
“Like having a really smart, sassy, and caring coach by your side.”
—Tama Kieves, Author, Inspired & Unstoppable: Wildly Succeeding in Your Life’s Work
Is this you?
• You are unemployed and fed up with the dysfunctional job market.
• You are underemployed and eager to use your skills to make more money in work of your choice.
• You have been freelancing or consulting but you don’t have enough paying work.
• You are working your buns off for bad clients and you’re underpaid to boot.
Diana Schneidman wrote Real Skills, Real Income: A Proven Marketing System to Land Well-Paid Freelance and Consulting Work in 30 Days or Less to help the unemployed, the underemployed, and current solopros who underearn to land more clients quickly. The book explains exactly what to do and say to start building your clientele in less than a month.
Put your real skills to work earning a real income from business clients (because businesses have the money to pay for services and they want your help).
Real Skills, Real Income: A Proven Marketing System to Land Well-Paid Freelance and Consulting Work in 30 Days or Less shows you exactly how to land desirable assignments as a:
• Graphics designer
• Accountant / bookkeeper
• Computer programmer
• Grant writer
• Medical / billing administrator
• Package designer
• Political advisor
• Translator / interpreter
• Computer consultant
• Corporate trainer
• Human resources administrator
• Marketing consultant
• Internet marketing consultant
• Conference and event planner
• Virtual assistant providing administrative and technical support services
• A freelancer or consultant doing almost anything that a company needs done
Specifically, the book recommends that you:
1. Offer a service as similar as possible to what you did in your last good full-time job.
2. Contact the best prospects individually . . . and since today’s marketing gurus recommend developing personal relationships, why not start with a no-pressure, simple phone call?
3. Get real! Let’s define quickly as 30 days, not 30 minutes.
The book has two unique features that make it especially useful to people who do not already have a large clientele:
1. Instructions on 15 fast actions to put all your business pieces in place on Day 1.
2. Seventeen widely recommended marketing tools to take off your to-do list for the next month and perhaps far into the future. These activities seldom yield substantial results in 30 days and furthermore take time away from faster-acting marketing.
Move your bank account into the black and enjoy the career opportunities and income you deserve. Real Skills, Real Income: A Proven Marketing System to Land Well-Paid Freelance and Consulting Work in 30 Days or Less can help you achieve exactly that!
P.S. Keep reading the book to the very end. You’ll find a secret link (unavailable through Google) to an MP3 audio and Word script that will help you telephone with ease.